Wednesday, September 29, 2010

THE PLAYLIST (9-29-10)

These were songs that were constantly getting rotation in my iPod yesterday and prompted any inspiration or creativity, or even deep thinking....



DJ SHADOW- "MIDNIGHT IN A PERFECT WORLD"

The whole Endtroducing album I had always slept on (me being on Dilla's nuts when Donuts came out). But listening to this yesterday, just put me in a melancholy mindstate.



JAY-Z- "ALLURE"

I religiously bumped the Black Album back when CD players were still in style and always felt that this song was always underrated as fuck. But with all the other top-notch productions on there, I could see why. Plus, this Neptunes beat is smoothed out to death.



KENDRICK LAMAR- "THE HEART PT. 2" (FT. DASH SNOW)

I never really paid any attention to this guy until recently. The first track of his (O)verly (D)edicated album/mixtape, has him spazzing on a mellow beat until he can't no more and coughs on his own "spit". Check him out, when you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment