Tuesday, November 16, 2010

THE PLAYLIST 11-16-10



MF DOOM- "DOOMSDAY"

I listened to this on the bus ride home from work yesterday. Hearing "Doomsday" reminded me of two things. One, Operation: Doomsday, truly did inspire a lot of these rappers (me included) to buy a $5 computer recording mic from Radio Shack and make an album with the crappiest sound quality. The other, being that I don't think people truly realize or appreciate that DOOM can drop some "notable quotables" sometimes...

"Shook niggas turn witness/Real men's mind their own business"

.....Plus...the Sade sample/interpolation is just.....*MUAH* MANIFIQUE!...I think its spelled right....lol.




SADE- "FEEL NO PAIN"

You would think...because "Kiss Of Life" is sampled...this would be the song that's next in this playlist....BUT IT AIN'T...I had this on repeat for so long a couple weeks ago...because of both the lyrics, I'm pretty sure...speak volumes and relate to so many people, enduring these problems today...and the video...probably one of the most seductive and sexiest visuals that a lot of these Auto-Tuned prostitutes, wish they can replicate today.




BRANDY- "BABY"

This song came up next in my playlist, and it just took me back when my sister played the SHIT out of Brandy's debut. Same time I'm sure when Moesha first came on the air, and the poofed out ski jackets were seen everywhere I went. I don't know why I feel so nostalgic for then and apathetic for today's R&B scene (most of it anyways). Maybe I'm just over this skank contest I been seeing lately...that and most of them are going electro (blame David Guetta).

1 comment: